Personal injury accidents tend to be frightening and have severe outcomes. After experiencing such a thing, the thought of pursuing legal action can be daunting. However, it can be possible to recover significant compensation that can help your recovery with the assistance of an experienced Maryland personal injury attorney. When going into these situations, it is important to know what to expect when preparing for your first consultation with the attorney. Continue reading below to learn more.
What Should I Bring to my First Meeting?
In order to do their job, an attorney needs a thorough understanding of the case. This can be done by providing them with the necessary documentation of the accident and your injuries. While some of these may be harder to gather by yourself, the following are simple documents that you should bring to your initial consultation with your attorney:
- Pictures or videos of the accident
- Medical documents outlining the origin and extent of your injuries
- Police reports filed at the scene of the accident
- Your health insurance information
- Your auto insurance information, if applicable
- The contact information of any witnesses to the accident, including business cards, phone numbers, emails
- Any expenses you have undertook as a result of the accident, such as lost wages or hefty medical bills
Will my Attorney Ask me Questions?
After reviewing the information you have provided them, the attorney will most likely ask a series of questions. These can vary depending on the circumstances of your accident and how the injuries happened. However, there are certain questions that are typically asked in any meeting. This can include anything regarding the details of the incident and why you wish to receive compensation. Questions to prepare answers for can include:
- How did the accident happen?
- How are you feeling now?
- Are you currently employed?
- Were you involved in an accident in the past? Was it your fault?
- Have you contacted yours or the negligent party?s insurance company regarding the accident?
Contact our Firm
If you have been injured as a result of a personal injury accident and wish to speak with an attorney, contact Ruben Law Firm today.